Accountants & Bookkeepers
Learn from our Experts
Book yourself on one of our Live Product Training sessions with one of our in-house experts, who can walk you through what Xavier is all about and answer any questions you might have about using Xavier to supercharge your practice.
Sessions are available up to three times a week, in both European and Asia Pacific timezones:
Watch our Latest Demo Webinar
Simon Williams talks through Xavier as a whole, from concept and features to use cases.
We would love to run more focused webinars, so if you have a suggestion for a topic you would like us to cover, please just get in touch and let us know.
Stay up to date with all the latest features
You might have noticed our dev team are always very busy! We now run a monthly 'New Features Webinar' to help keep you and your team up to date with the latest improvements to the Xavier platform.
Watch the latest New Features webinar here or on youtube.
Learn more about how these innovative accountancies have benefited from Xavier.
Check out their tips and ideas for how to integrate Xavier into your practice.
"Xavier has allowed FD Works to ensure the onboarding journey is smoother and both parties are aware of what is required."Read more
"...the practice can scale more easily with Xavier, they can expand to take on more clients without losing service quality."Read more
"Xavier will revolutionise your accounting business and ensure consistency and a higher quality of delivery for all clients, at scale.”"Read more
Guide for Clients
We understand that it's important to keep your costs fair and accountable for your clients. To help with this, we've created a short 1-page guide for you to share with your clients, so they can understand the benefits Xavier provides for their business. You can download the guide using the button below.
To help new users, we have recorded some short videos of Xavier features in action.
This list isn't complete (yet!) and we're always releasing new features, so you can drop us a message if there is a video you might be interested in and we'll get around to it as soon as we can.
For any further information on each of the Xavier features, you can check our Help documentation.
Here at Xavier we understand that every accountant is unique, just like the benefits they provide to their clients. We have gathered a few ways to use Xavier into 'Playbooks', which can guide you through how to use Xavier in different accounting roles.
Have a browse of the available Xavier playbooks, or download a PDF.
Xavier Playbook #1
Monthly Bookkeeping Process
Xavier is a great tool to streamline and improve the quality of your Xero data. The following is how Xavier can be used in the Bookkeeping process.
- Data extraction from invoices and receipts through external applications (e.g Receipt Bank)
- Xero - First coding of transactions using bank rules and matching invoices/receipts
- Unreconciled Cleanup Tool - Look at the unreconciled bank transactions across all bank accounts. Optional- extract to excel and make notes to send to the client
- Run cleanup checks
- Duplicate Contacts - Ensure all contacts in Xero have the correct name (e.g. Amazon vs Amazon SARL)
- Contact Defaults - Setting default account codes will make the Multi-coded contacts search tool better
- Multi-Coded contacts - Identify mis-codings, use Find and Recode in Xero or dismiss
- Review the client via the Client Overview, or through the monthly Health Check feature
- Check the Fixed Asset Insight - resolve in Xero if it doesn’t reconcile Optional- check the Dormant Accounts feature
- Check transactions in the Regular Suppliers insight for any anomalies
- Conduct an analytical review using Xavier’s Reports, or build your own in the Sandbox
- Xero - Review P&L, and Balance Sheet
- Check there are no changes to any historic data via the Historical Changes insight
- Lock Dates
- Set lock dates in Xero
- Check the lock date history in Xavier
Duplicate Contacts & Contact Defaults
Client Overview / Health Check
Xavier Playbook #2
Onboarding Clients the Xavier Way
Xavier is a great tool to price your proposals effectively, and then understand your clients’ Xero, enabling you to have a smooth onboarding process with your clients.
- The ‘Activity Stats’ Insight will show you the key transactional figures for a prospective clients Xero. During the discovery call get access to Xero and load them into Xavier so you can price the new client fairly.
- Have you ever taken on a new Xero client and spent weeks resolving historic data? Using the ‘Health Score’ in Xavier you will instantly get a feel for the quality of the Xero data. You can then price accordingly if needed.
Everyone wants to kick-start a new clients experience well. Try doing the following in your initial client kick-off workshop:
- ‘Dormant Accounts’ Feature - Clean-up their chart of accounts using the Dormant Accounts feature, quickly identify accounting codes that are no longer in use and archive them in Xero.
- Coding the transactions to the right place:
- Step 1 - 'Reports’ - Expenses by Month and Contact - Using this report to understand where expenses have been coded in the last 12 months. Tip - You can change this report to group by either Contact or Account Code
- Step 2 - ‘Contact Defaults’ - Set default account codes for the contacts so you know where to code them.
- 'Unreconciled Transactions' Cleanup Tool - Look at the unreconciled bank transactions across all bank accounts.
- 'Multi-Coded Contacts' - Cleanse the old data as much necessary
- Lock Dates - Once the data is clean, set the lock dates in Xero. Track this going forward using the 'Lock Dates' feature within Xavier.
Xavier can be great place to start to understand client data.
- Use the ‘Regular Suppliers’ insight to both understand who their regular suppliers are and spot any anomalies in the data.
- Conduct an analytical review using Xavier’s Reports, or build your own in the Sandbox.
- Xero - Review P&L, and Balance Sheet.
Want to talk numbers?
Request a Consultation
Let our Xavier experts guide you through how Xavier could be used to improve your processes and empower your advisory.
Leave your details, and one of our team will be in touch as soon as possible to offer 1-to-1 discussion and a guided demo of Xavier.