Here at Xavier we understand that every accountant is unique, just like the benefits they provide to their clients. We have gathered a few ways to use Xavier into 'Playbooks', which can guide you through how to use Xavier in different accounting roles.
Make Xavier Work for You
Have a browse of the available Xavier playbooks, or download a PDF.
|Monthly Bookkeeping Processes||Playbook #1|
More playbooks coming soon!
Xavier Playbook #1
Monthly Bookkeeping Process
Xavier is a great tool to streamline and improve the quality of your Xero data. The following is how Xavier can be used in the Bookkeeping process.
- Data extraction from invoices and receipts through external applications (e.g Receipt Bank)
- Xero - First coding of transactions using bank rules and matching invoices/receipts
- Unreconciled Cleanup Tool - Look at the unreconciled bank transactions across all bank accounts. Optional- extract to excel and make notes to send to the client
- Run cleanup checks
- Duplicate Contacts - Ensure all contacts in Xero have the correct name (e.g. Amazon vs Amazon SARL)
- Contact Defaults - Setting default account codes will make the Multi-coded contacts search tool better
- Multi-Coded contacts - Identify mis-codings, use Find and Recode in Xero or dismiss
- Review the client via the Client Overview, or through the monthly Health Check feature
- Check the Fixed Asset Insight - resolve in Xero if it doesn’t reconcile Optional- check the Dormant Accounts feature
- Check transactions in the Regular Suppliers insight for any anomalies
- Conduct an analytical review using Xavier’s Reports, or build your own in the Sandbox
- Xero - Review P&L, and Balance Sheet
- Check there are no changes to any historic data via the Historical Changes insight
- Lock Dates
- Set lock dates in Xero
- Check the lock date history in Xavier
Monthly Bookkeeping Flowchart
Duplicate Contacts & Contact Defaults
Client Overview / Health Check
Want to talk numbers?
If you're not quite ready to start your trial you can leave us your email
and we'll let you know when we release great new features.
(Your privacy is important to us. We'll never share your details with anyone.)