Work For You
Here at Xavier we understand that every accountant is unique, just like the benefits they provide to their clients. We have gathered a few ways to use Xavier into 'Playbooks', which can guide you through how to use Xavier in different accounting roles.
Have a browse of the available Xavier playbooks, or download a PDF.
Xavier Playbook #1
Monthly Bookkeeping Process
Xavier is a great tool to streamline and improve the quality of your Xero data. The following is how Xavier can be used in the Bookkeeping process.
- Data extraction from invoices and receipts through external applications (e.g Receipt Bank)
- Xero - First coding of transactions using bank rules and matching invoices/receipts
- Unreconciled Cleanup Tool - Look at the unreconciled bank transactions across all bank accounts. Optional- extract to excel and make notes to send to the client
- Run cleanup checks
- Duplicate Contacts - Ensure all contacts in Xero have the correct name (e.g. Amazon vs Amazon SARL)
- Contact Defaults - Setting default account codes will make the Multi-coded contacts search tool better
- Multi-Coded contacts - Identify mis-codings, use Find and Recode in Xero or dismiss
- Review the client via the Client Overview, or through the monthly Health Check feature
- Check the Fixed Asset Insight - resolve in Xero if it doesn’t reconcile Optional- check the Dormant Accounts feature
- Check transactions in the Regular Suppliers insight for any anomalies
- Conduct an analytical review using Xavier’s Reports, or build your own in the Sandbox
- Xero - Review P&L, and Balance Sheet
- Check there are no changes to any historic data via the Historical Changes insight
- Lock Dates
- Set lock dates in Xero
- Check the lock date history in Xavier
Duplicate Contacts & Contact Defaults
Client Overview / Health Check
Xavier Playbook #2
Onboarding Clients the Xavier Way
Xavier is a great tool to price your proposals effectively, and then understand your clients’ Xero, enabling you to have a smooth onboarding process with your clients.
- The ‘Activity Stats’ Insight will show you the key transactional figures for a prospective clients Xero. During the discovery call get access to Xero and load them into Xavier so you can price the new client fairly.
- Have you ever taken on a new Xero client and spent weeks resolving historic data? Using the ‘Health Score’ in Xavier you will instantly get a feel for the quality of the Xero data. You can then price accordingly if needed.
Everyone wants to kick-start a new clients experience well. Try doing the following in your initial client kick-off workshop:
- ‘Dormant Accounts’ Feature - Clean-up their chart of accounts using the Dormant Accounts feature, quickly identify accounting codes that are no longer in use and archive them in Xero.
- Coding the transactions to the right place:
- Step 1 - 'Reports’ - Expenses by Month and Contact - Using this report to understand where expenses have been coded in the last 12 months. Tip - You can change this report to group by either Contact or Account Code
- Step 2 - ‘Contact Defaults’ - Set default account codes for the contacts so you know where to code them.
- 'Unreconciled Transactions' Cleanup Tool - Look at the unreconciled bank transactions across all bank accounts.
- 'Multi-Coded Contacts' - Cleanse the old data as much necessary
- Lock Dates - Once the data is clean, set the lock dates in Xero. Track this going forward using the 'Lock Dates' feature within Xavier.
Xavier can be great place to start to understand client data.
- Use the ‘Regular Suppliers’ insight to both understand who their regular suppliers are and spot any anomalies in the data.
- Conduct an analytical review using Xavier’s Reports, or build your own in the Sandbox.
- Xero - Review P&L, and Balance Sheet.
Want to talk numbers?
Request a Consultation
Let our Xavier experts guide you through how Xavier could be used to improve your processes and empower your advisory.
Leave your details, and one of our team will be in touch as soon as possible to offer 1-to-1 discussion and a guided demo of Xavier.
If you're not quite ready, you can leave us your email and we'll include you
in our monthly newsletter so you can stay up to date on all our new features!
By submitting your email address you are consenting to receive a monthly newsletter by email from Xavier Analytics.
You can unsubscribe from this newsletter at any time in the email footer.